Category Archives: Bike Rides
Pierre Lallement Ride Sunday, May 4
This Sunday: the fourth annual Pierre Lallement Commemorative Bike Ride
Ansonia resident Pierre Lallement filed the patent for the first pedal-powered bicycle in New Haven some 149 years ago, when he could be seen pedaling his contraption around the Green. Each May we honor this momentous invention with a bike ride to Ansonia.
The ride departs Lulu’s Coffeehouse at 10AM, passing through the New Haven Green around 10:15 (meet up at either location), following roughly this route.
The ride will conclude in Ansonia with the town’s third annual Festival of Bikes. We hope to see you there!
Join Our ROCK to ROCK Team!
Want to spot an ad like this on the back of a CT Transit bus?
Then join the ECC Rock to Rock team to help raise money to buy taillight display space. $250 will put a PSA like this on the back of a bus for four weeks.
Vote for your favorite (or suggest another)
About the Rock to Rock Earth Day Bike Ride.
International Festival of Arts and Ideas 2019 Bike Tours
- Properly fitted helmets are required to ride.
- There are rides for all skill and experience levels.
- Check each tour listing for a difficulty level.
- Bring a bike, water, food, and sunscreen.
- All participants must sign a release form before participating on the tour.
- Click the tour listing below for more information about each tour.
- All rides leave from the New Haven Green.
- Save time, print out your release form in advance and bring it with you to the start of the tour. Fill it out now >
Sat, June 8, 2019, 9:00 am
Bicycle Culture in New Haven
New Haven’s bike scene today is a varied and vibrant reflection of our overall population. Join us as we visit some of the people and places that contribute to the richness of our city’s bicycle culture.Details
Sun, June 9, 2019, 2:00 pm
1779 British Invasion
Retrace the steps of New Haven’s defenders during the two-pronged offensive by the British. Ride to Lighthouse Point and Bradley Point, West Haven where the British landed and attempted to take our city.Details
Sat, June 15, 2019, 9:00 am
Sat, June 22, 2019, 2:00 pm
The Games People Play
Do you know how to escape from a locked room? Ever wonder how to play bocce? Oh, the games New Havener’s play will challenge and entertain you.Details