Ansonia resident Pierre Lallement filed the patent for the first pedal-powered bicycle in New Haven some 149 years ago, when he could be seen pedaling his contraption around the Green. Each May we honor this momentous invention with a bike ride to Ansonia.
The ride departs Lulu’s Coffeehouse at 10AM, passing through the New Haven Green around 10:15 (meet up at either location), following roughly this route.
The ride will conclude in Ansonia with the town’s third annual Festival of Bikes. We hope to see you there!
Then join the ECC Rock to Rock team to help raise money to buy taillight display space. $250 will put a PSA like this on the back of a bus for four weeks.
About the Rock to Rock Earth Day Bike Ride.
- Properly fitted helmets are required to ride.
- There are rides for all skill and experience levels.
Check each tour listing for a difficulty level.
- Bring a bike, water, food, and sunscreen.
- All participants must sign a release form before participating on the tour.
- Click the tour listing below for more information about each tour.
See the tour listing below for more information about each tour and meeting locations.